Search This Blog

April 14, 2011

I Love Hugs

All my life, okay the majority of my life that I can remember, I have dodged being hugged for fear of it hurting.  Now that my medicine is working and my most obnoxious symptom is getting better, I love giving and receiving hugs. As humans we are designed for the need to be touched by other humans and feel love.  I have deprived myself of this joy for so long and it is such a blessing now to be hugged!  

I do still have some pain in my back and the slightest touch will cause my body to twitch in weird ways, but that awkwardness does not outweigh my restored ability to share a hug!  

Some of the best huggers I know ;)

1 comment:

  1. I would say not only restored ability, but something God has redeemed for you! We all have a God sized hole in our lives that He often fills with love from others. I'm so happy that you are able to share the amazing healing that comes from a simple hug. :-)

    ReplyDelete