Search This Blog

April 18, 2011

Thinking About Lyme Awareness Day

Today I am very low on energy and motivation for anything except thinking about my upcoming Lyme Awareness Day.  I was born and raised in Minden, NV and in my gut I know I was infected in this town with Lyme disease.  I had never heard of the disease during all my time searching for a diagnosis for what was causing all my strange symptoms.  If I had heard of Lyme, I would have diagnosed myself many years earlier.

With the support of my family, I am planning a Lyme Awareness day in Douglas County on May 21, 2011.  We will stand on the side of the highway wearing lime green (national Lyme color) with signs saying "Lyme Lives Here" or something else catchy.  I want to cause a commotion and hopefully be published by the local newspaper where my story or other Lyme sickies can share their stories to education the public.  I have heard from many, that Douglas County has outrageous numbers of people sick with Lyme disease, some are diagnosed and many are not.  I want to help those who are sick and have lost hope for getting better and encouraging them to research Lyme disease.

If anyone is interested in being part of this day, please let me know. I would love to have as many people as possible to draw attention.  The event is currently scheduled to run from 11am-2pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment