Search This Blog

May 19, 2011

Getting the Word Out

May is Lyme Disease Awareness month and I wanted to do something small.  I am doing my Lyme Disease Awareness event on Saturday for a few hours and am hoping for good weather.  I also found a website where I could order rubber bracelets for all my supporters and friends with Lyme.  
Photo courtesy of upcycledbyash.blogspot.com.

The bracelets say "SOMEONE I LOVE HAS LYME DISEASE" and are lime-green.  They are very similar to the Livestrong bracelets.  I will be handing them out on Saturday so if any of you want one, let me know so I can try and get one to you.  I have 200 in total and will take a donation if anyone wants to help me pay for the bracelets, but no pressure at all.  

I am so excited to distribute my bracelets and have them be conversation starters!  

Have a great day everyone. 

3 comments:

  1. I would love to donate to your bracelet fund!! If you can, try and save 2 bracelets for Brandon and I. But we would love to donate with or without bracelets. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one!! I am so sorry that I won't be there to help.
    Do u still need that other pic? I can email it to you tonight if so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one and want to donate... love you! Where is the event going on? Should people email you who want to donate?

    ReplyDelete