Search This Blog

September 11, 2012

Guest Post by Someone Who Loves Me

This week I have the privilege to share with you a guest post from someone very close to me who wishes to remain anonymous. This person is someone I hold very close to my heart and am honored and blessed by what was written:

I have watched Elizabeth in many roles. I have seen her take her vows to become a bride, as a friend, as a devoted follower of Jesus, a daughter, and a sister. I also , unfortunately, watched her in the role of someone fighting Lyme's disease. I observed as she was told by multiple doctors things ranging from the possibility that there was nothing wrong with her to the possibility of a pituitary tumor. I remember that the idea of a brain tumor was in some ways comforting to her because it would mean that there was something wrong, something concrete, and finally an explanation to prove that she was in no ways making things up. 

I wrongly hoped that her experience was unique and that others did not have to face the same obstacles as her. After watching the documentary Under Our Skin, following others seeking or undergoing treatment for Lyme's, I realized that Elizabeth was sadly, far from original in her battle. After watching this documentary, Elizabeth asked me to share with her blog readers an outside perspective and reaction to the Lyme's battle and controversy. 


I was shocked at the battle surrounding the treatment and diagnosis of Lyme's. I would not have believed the intensity of our medical community's reactions to the illness if I had not seen this documentary and seen it in Elizabeth's journey. My hope is that through better research, lobbying, and education that our perspective and understanding of Lyme's Disease will be expanded. Not only for Elizabeth, but for the future treatment of all individuals and families. 


2006 I was desperate for an answer to what was going on with my body.
I still don't view Elizabeth as a ''sick person''. She is battling Lyme's Disease, but she is so much more than that. I know that she will continue in her other roles and that those defining characteristics of who she is cannot be robbed or altered as she fights this disease. 
HOPE FOR RECOVERY AND A JOYFUL FUTURE FOR ELIZABETH AND ALL AFFECTED BY LYME DIESEASE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment