Search This Blog

September 14, 2012

How on Earth Am I Supposed to Sleep Like This?

I can't remember if I've written about all the things I am supposed to do each day as my treatment, but just now when I woke up I felt like I was in a comedy routine. I decided to draw some pictures for you of my last couple of hours. I was unable to show the castor oil packs, but just imagine the second image plus hot, oily itchy wool wrapped around my torso with plastic and velcro straps--it's pretty suffocating feeling.

So each day I am supposed to do each of the following (not including doctors appointments or anything else that happens in day-to-day life:
1. IV Antibiotic infusion
2. Eating 3x day
3. Taking pills 4x day
4. Making/drinking a protein smoothie 1x day
5. Taking binding meds twice (each require no food intake 45 min before or after drinking mixture)
6. Wearing oxygen while I sleep
7. Hydrating with water, ginger tea, and saline bags
8. Coffee enema every night
9. Castor Oil packs on front and back of torso

In this first image you see me here laying on the floor in my bathroom with my coffee enema hung up on a towel rack. The coffee has no effect on my sleep when inserted into my body this way so I find night time to be the best time to do it. I usually play on my phone or listen to sermons while the 8 cups of organic coffee are going in me. About every 5-10 minutes I roll over to encourage the coffee to make its way through my large intestine. Then when nature calls, I jump up and run to the toilet. It's like a 2 hour process and it makes me feel like a lab rat or something.....whatever the opposite of a sexy woman would be that's how it makes me feel. P.S. have I ever mentioned I AM SO READY FOR THIS PART OF MY LIFE TO BE OVER?! Well, in case I haven't there you go.  Then...


When my enema is done, it is bed time. My husband can fall asleep pretty easy but I've still got a lot of stuff to do. He usually helps me set everything up but the he falls asleep and I'm on my own to wake up to remove the castor oil pack, take more medicine etc.
Here you can see my IV pole with saline drip that connects to my port, my oxygen concentrator that makes annoying noises constantly, my cell phone frequently going off to tell me to take medication or drink a binding med drink. I have so many tubes and wires and straps on/around and near me I find it nearly impossible to sleep. So even though all this is crazy I am actually happy to do it, first because I think it is working overall and two, I get to share all my bizarre treatment with everyone. I'm going to return to this madness and try to go back to sleep. I'm thankful I have my knockoff snuggie to keep me warm and as comfortable as I can be!

3 comments:

  1. PLEASE change your font....difficult to read...
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Per your request I have changed the fonts and layout of my blog. I hope you find it easier to read. I never wanted my blog to be a challenge for someone to read. Thank you for letting me know it was difficult to read. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Elizabeth...your doing great, pray and believe, hugs

    ReplyDelete