Search This Blog

December 1, 2012

So Much Has Happened....Including Yesterday

I've noticed that I'm not the only blogger who took a hiatus from blogging for no apparent reason, but I'd like to say I'm back and I have a lot to share!

Since I last posted I started a new antibiotic that my body could not process. I was doing all my regular detox regiment (coffee enemas each night, castor oil packs most nights, lymphatic massages, colonics, oil to detox my skin, footbaths etc....) It wasn't enough and man was I in a bad place! I noticed it was the very worst when I drove to a doctors appointment 1 mile from my house and I couldn't find the office. I go to this office multiple times each week for detox. I know where it is and how to get there, no problem, but with my super toxic system my brain couldn't function and it was bad.  My naturopath was able to squeeze in an appointment for me and she made all these changes to my protocol. I ditched that IV antibiotic, hunkered down on my new protocol and in less than a week I was finally back to being me!

That was a few weeks ago. Since then I've started on two new antibiotics that work together to fight my Lyme. They have been much easier on my system because I seem to be handling these a lot better, but I can tell my brain isn't totally working like normal or working like overly toxic, I'm just a little off with the new medicine so I'm adjusting.  It makes things that require multiple pieces or multiple steps so much harder to organize in my head. Like instead of grabbing all of something I will need from a drawer I will grab everything I think I need and then a few minutes later realize I forgot something and have to go back to grab it. So it's just making me slower, but it's totally manageable and I'm keeping my body strong and hoping for the best. I am much more weary now of becoming too toxic so I've been paying close attention to everything.  I'm pretty convinced with this new symptom I'm gonna find my keys in the fridge.

Let's see, what else....oh, I started a thirty days of thankfulness for the month of November and made it about half way before completely missing my regular updates. I had great intentions, but I just spaced it.   For all of you who were able to remember each day I am super impressed with you!

Oh, Thanksgiving happened and I almost slept through it. I was feeling crappy on that day and my plan was to stay in bed until Thanksgiving dinner was ready. My sister was planning on swinging by and picking me up, which was so kind of her, except it wasn't that easy.  I was sleeping and I was OUT! She came to my apartment door and after constant banging and 31 missed calls I finally woke up, threw on clothes and enjoyed a lovely organic turkey dinner. My step-dad's family catered to my dietary needs and it was so thoughtful. They were all making sure I knew which platters were safe for me to eat off of.  I felt so blessed that they cared and went out of their way to have dairy-free options and everything was organic. It was amazing.

Justin and I had our first real experience with identity theft. It's been awful learning how evil people are sending large cashier checks to be deposited only to wipe out your bank account. No, we didn't actually do this, but our name has been tied up in this scam : /   We've reported everything to the bank and to the police so now we just keep waiting to see what else happens.  So far we've received two returned envelopes (return to sender which is our address, but we didn't actually send the package) and they have large cashier checks in them...so far we've seen upwards of 11k. I hope the police is able to use the information we gave to catch the people actually involved in the scam.

While I was away from my blog my favorite day of the year came and I was uber lame this year. Usually I will push myself to do Black Friday early morning for all the door busters and such. It is so much fun to find all the bargains. But this year, so many places opened at midnight and I needed my sleep so I slept through all the door busters and promised myself I would do better next year and have twice as much fun. Don't get me wrong, I didn't skip the day all together, I just took it easy this year. Just me and Molly and a couple stores. Then back to bed I went. But, I do have to say I mastered Cyber Monday for the first time ever! And I am 97% done with all my Christmas shopping, but I still have quite a few to make/complete.

I also had a really big doctor's appointment in the Bay Area!  My doctor was thrilled with my progress and he even gave me a timeline.  He told me 14 months, which is about 12.5 or 13 months from today.  This is a big deal because every time we see him we ask him how much longer he thinks I have and he always beats around the bush saying, it's hard to know because I'm not progressing like he'd like me to be and there's so many factors involved blah blah blah.  But this appointment he volunteered the timeline but, I was so excited to hear a timeline I forgot to get clarification on what the number meant. Is that when I will be done with antibiotics? Will I be completely done with my treatment? Can I start trying to get pregnant then? I really don't know. So it's super exciting to hear a timeline, but in all honesty, I have no idea what it means so it is still a big mystery. Oh well. I'm glad he noticed my progress and was FINALLY happy with my bodies progression!

I am so happy to announce that my husband is an official paramedic firefighter with all of his certifications and he is looking for a job!  He has a lot of great prospects for jobs but nothing is finalized yet. But, I'm so happy for him to be fully certified and be looking for a job. I am so proud of him I can't even describe it.

In other good news, there are a handful of special women in my life who are pregnant! I'm very excited for each one of them, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't jealous. My mom put it into great perspective for me. She said, "Sweetie, I'm not sure why it isn't you time, but it just isn't". When my mom told me that I was reminded that just because it isn't my time now doesn't mean it won't be my time ever.  My desire for a child now does not outweigh the regret and blame I would feel from my baby being sick with Lyme from conception so I will do everything I can to prevent getting pregnant and hope that when the time is right, God blesses us with a child either from my body or through adoption or who knows.  What I do know is it's not our time right now.  So with that I can wait and enjoy all the joys of pregnancy with each of my friends. And when the babies are born it means I have a handful of new babies to love!  My sister-in-law is due January 2 with a little boy and I am so stoked to meet him! Heather will be the first to give birthday in this handful of women I love who are expecting. The rest will come between March and May I believe.  We recently had a beautiful dinosaur themed baby shower for Heather, Sam and their baby boy.  Now if only he would hurry up and come so I could hold him!!!  My mom also shared with me some wonderful wisdom....by the time I can have kids my friends will all be experienced moms who will love to have quality baby time which should allow me to get an occasional full night of sleep and other wonderful things that only experienced moms truly understand.

And I will fast-forward to today, I started out my morning with a wonderful Community Group/Bible study. We have some new people in our group since I was last there which is really fun. Like I said earlier, I kinda took a nose dive for a few weeks which means I also missed out on going to my group because I was so sick.  After CG I went with a few of the girls to a local eatery and had a bite to eat while we laughed and laughed while getting to know each other more.

Then, I got to see two of my favorite girls in the whole world! Harmony and Jess were both bridesmaids in my wedding (the only bridesmaids I had who weren't related to me or Justin) and they drove up to Reno to see me today! It was so much fun. Jess has two kids that are hilarious and I rarely get to see them because they live in Kentucky now. And I usually see Harmony over skype, but it was so nice to actually see her! So we hung out for a few hours and shared even more laughs.  One of my favorite things about true genuine friends is our ability to pick up conversation if it's been one day or years since we last saw each other. It is one of the best feelings in the world, especially when I have the energy to do everything I want!
Harmony, thanks for taking this picture...sorry you are not in it. 

Unfortunately, right after the kids and girls left I went from feeling awesome to awful in about 2 seconds flat.  I walked from the parking garage to my apartment and the next thing I knew I was staring at the ceiling while I laid on the floor of my apartment. I'm not sure if I passed out or what happened but I woke up completely freaked out. Diego stood over me for a while and then he laid down and nudged my hand with his nose. All I could do was tell him to go get dad (who was upstairs in my in-laws apartment) and if Diego could open the doors, and choose the right button on the elevator I'm certain he could make it to their apartment with no problems.  Thankfully, Justin sensed that he needed to come downstairs and he walked in a looked at my face and knew something was not right. I was more freaked out than anything, but I was also dehydrated and had a slight temp so my sexy paramedic husband got me all set up with doing an IV bag for hydration, some meds to bring my temperature down and just reassured me that I was okay now which helped me calm down.

It's moments like that where I get super frustrated with my body. I used to be so good about knowing my limits (and how many spoons I had for the day - The Spoon Theory) But today I had no idea I had pushed myself too hard I was feeling awesome one second and the next second I'm on the floor not sure how I got there.  So obviously, I know now that I did too much today. I'm super grateful for all the laughter I had today and all the great company.  I am even more thankful for my husband being off today and able to rescue me and bring my body back to a more normal place. I'm just gonna have to take it easy and hope for the best. I am strongly considering that alert button for old people though.

Like I said, so much has happened since I last blogged. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of things but you now know where I'm at today.  I want to thank each of you who participated in helping me choose my Lyme Disease Awareness slogans. I'm working on the designs and hope to roll them out with the new year :) I'll be sure to share the designs with you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a busy few weeks you have had! I hope you are doing well and I am thinking of you. Take care

    ReplyDelete